Tuesday 13 January 2015

No. 70: So just how good is Byron Wein?

Following the overwhelming feedback to Notes No 68 (copied below) it clearly warranted a follow-up.

Only Note No 49 (‘My Movember Moment’) attracted more responses, but then Note 49 was a particularly special one. It appears to be regarded, fairly equally, as a marking a spectacular highpoint/low point in this blogs short history (the view usually dependent upon the gender of the reader).

Many of you shared your views on Byron’s life lessons. Some of you even shared lessons of your own. Give me time and I will collate all these into an appropriately pithy collection, which I will publish, claiming as my own, ensuring I appear clever and far wiser than I am in reality.

As far as I know, only one person however took the time to check just how good Byron Wein was at his predictions.

That person is Frank Rogalla. Frank, for those of you who don’t know him, is the Head of Innovation at Aqualia. He is easy to spot. He is 8 foot tall, speaks 15 different languages and looks astonishingly like Christopher Reeve (aka Superman). I don’t believe he can fly, but he can see through most technical issues with a superman-like laser vision, of which I am in awe.

He also has far, far, too much time on his hands.

Frank did some research into Byron’s top ten predictions for the last 6 years. His findings, and the web links, are at the bottom of this email. The conclusion was that Byron scored between 1.5 and 8 out of 10, with an average of 4.5 over the last 6 years. I find that staggeringly impressive. Those are odds I will take.  


We have also been able to confirm that Byron is 81. He is certainly taking his ‘Life Lesson No 20’ to heart! Long live Byron!

No comments:

Post a Comment