Wednesday 17 December 2014

No. 64: Just made it....

I made it to the airport tonight with (I thought) just enough time to check in and catch my flight to Denver.  Sadly the shuttle bus from the car rental took 20 min to arrive and then another 25 min to make it through the god-awful LA traffic to the terminal, by which time I had checked the American Airlines website and confirmed my flight wasn't delayed, and that it was the last flight to Denver. I was screwed. 

I resigned myself to a night sleeping on the seats in LAX airport. Mentally I drafted the emails cancelling my morning meetings. I walked into the terminal at 922pm. My flight was at 926pm. 4 minutes. Rats. 

As I walked through the terminal door the notice board flashed up a change. My flight had been delayed until 1045pm. I will make it to Denver tonight after all. 


It is going to be 2am when I land, and my hotel is an hour from the airport. That feels like a problem. It’s one I will worry about in 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment