Tuesday 16 December 2014

No. 63: ‘Dude, the returns on this deal are, like, totally awesome man….’

Today I am in Los Angeles, searching for exciting water-related investment opportunities. I liken it to a wild boar hunting for truffles in an oak forest. It goes without saying that I am the boar (bore?) and the deals are the truffles. It is hard work snuffling around in the dirt, sniffing out deals, but the tingle of excitement when one come across something new is simply glorious.

My wild boar has just come across a patch of magic mushrooms.

Following a recent change in legislation it is now legal to smoke, grow and sell of marijuana in the state of Colorado. Apparently, growing marijuana is quite difficult. It requires a complex mix of light, heat, nutrients and (crucially) water. Get the balance wrong and the plants won’t grow. Get it right and the yields increase 10 fold.

This change in legislation has resulted in a flurry of entrepreneurial activity. Forward thinking businessmen are racing to construct massive, industrial scale marijuana farms to serve the new ‘retail weed’ market.  

For some time now I have been keen to identify an agri/water investment opportunity. Something tells me this is not it. I am trying to imagine the looks on the faces of my Investment Committee as I outline the marijuana/water deal.


In my mind’s eye I can’t quite see what they are doing…. Oh yes I can, they are signing my leaving card.

No comments:

Post a Comment