Friday 24 July 2015

No 112: Goodbye Blackstone...


Today is my last official day at Blackstone/GWDP. I have been here less than a year but there are still things I will miss:

The Shard: The view from my office may not be brilliant (it is of Guys Hospital) but the security guard who looks (and sounds) suspiciously like Morgan Freeman was a daily highlight.  Furthermore, as anyone who has visited me at the Shard can attest, the ladies on reception are fantastically beautiful. They are also extremely competent and exude charm and efficiency. The fact that they look identical to the backing singers on Robert Plant’s ‘Addicted to Love’ video from the 1985 was simply a plus.
                                                              
The cycle into work: with all the accompanying joys of London drivers, and lycra chaffing. I hope my audience in the hospital,  who have watched me change into/out of my cycling gear, will also miss me.

My colleagues, with whom I celebrated my 45th birthday with copious champagne at 10am last November (see Note 50). We have been through a huge amount in a very short time and I wish them the very best.

Going forward I will no longer juggle between my two roles, as MD for GWDP and as Chairman for Isle. Instead I will be just pure Isle. Or should that be puerile?  


No change from previously then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment